Below is a copy of an email I received today that discusses the latest ransomware attack. A few things to keep in mind.
- If you still have a Windows XP computer you need to replace it. If your budget is an issue Amazon offers quality refurbished business class PCs. Lots of my clients choose this route and we have great luck with them.
- Keep your version of Windows updated. For the most part this is automatic but you need to check. Here is a link to a video describing how to update a Windows 7 machine.
- As always if you get stuck please call me. I can help you no matter where you live in the country. (615) 942-0843
As a Carbonite Partner, your customers’ data is secure from ransomware, including the latest WannaCry attack. This is a reminder that you or your customers determine which data to back up with Carbonite.
Now is a good time to help your customers review their data protection options. Here are a few things you should make sure they know:
- If one of the computers or servers on their network becomes infected, it should be removed from the network immediately. Once they’ve removed the infection, they can recover clean files and folders from their Carbonite account.
- Now is the time to make sure all of their network connected computers, servers and storage devices are backed up. Any unprotected computers or servers will remain vulnerable.
Carbonite Channel Team
Still don’t use Carbonite? You can get it here.